How does CBS handle your privacy?
CBS treats your personal data with the utmost care. Individual persons are never identifiable or traceable in the statistics or publications. We also have measures in place to prevent the theft, loss or misuse of personal data. CBS will never supply identifiable data at personal level to third parties, including other government institutions.
CBS protects your data with technical and logistical measures. Following are the most important measures:
- When you complete a survey or submit any data, this information is delivered to CBS in encoded form. The data are received by CBS in a secured environment. Only authorised personnel who require the data for their work shall have access to these data.
- At the earliest possible stage in the process, all directly identifiable personal data are removed from the files. This means datasets for research will never contain any data such as names, addresses or citizen identification numbers.
- Every CBS employee is required to observe the strictest standards of confidentiality and has signed a confidentiality agreement to this effect.
- CBS only uses the data for statistical and scientific purposes. CBS is excluded by law from using the data for fiscal, administrative, verification and legal purposes. Furthermore, data are never used for marketing purposes.
- All statistical processes at CBS are certified in terms of personal data protection. This privacy proof audit is carried out by an accredited external party.